How do I request records?

If you are looking to request a student’s cumulative record from when they were enrolled with Geary County Schools USD 475, please contact the previous school the student was enrolled. To find the appropriate contact information, locate your child’s school on our homepage.

If you are looking to request a students’ special education records from when they were enrolled with Geary COunty Schools USD 475, please visit the Exceptional Student Services homepage under Parent Resources for the Record Request Form. It is the Exceptional Student Services’ department policy to receive all record requests in a written/visual format. Please forward all record request forms to

If you do not have a form, please use this fillable PDF and forward to Please note we are a department that keeps digital copies of a student’s record once they have exited from our district. To help conserve paper, we prefer to email these scanned records to the request party.

Requesting Information (Kansas Open Records Act or KORA)

Geary County Schools USD 475 adheres to the Kansas Open Records Act and allows public records to be inspected upon request. In order to request information from Geary County Schools USD 475 contact the Executive Director of Communications (Freedom of Information Officer). Requests should be submitted in writing in the form of written letter or electronic mail. Some requests may incur a copy fee, however, when appropriate and available USD 475 will make attempts to make records available by digital means. For more information on the Open Records Act visit the official website of the Kansas Attorney General.

Comment on this FAQ

Your email address will not be published.