Returning Student Enrollment

Enrollment for 2021-2022 School Year begins April 29!

We are so glad to have you back for another year at Geary County Schools USD 475!

Directions to enroll a returning student:

  1. Click here.
  2. Enter your log-in.
  3. Choose returning enrollment and select the student you wish to enroll.
  4. If you have a fifth or eighth-grader that will be going into a new building – please choose to do enrollment for them at their new school.
  5. Click on each section to update or add any information; if needed.
  6. You will need to open each section whether it pertains to your student or not and click “save.”
  7. Click to submit enrollment when complete.
  8. Your child’s school will verify and process the enrollment.
  9. Please note that for the 2021-2022 school year, USD 475 will not be offering a remote learning option. Please see your child’s school if your student has special needs or circumstances.

If you have not received your SKYWARD username and password, you will need to go to your school and provide a valid ID to receive it. If you have been given your username and password, but do not remember, you may go here and click “FAMILY ACCESS,” then choose the “Forgot my Login/Password” link and follow the instructions.

Transfer Request Process 

Transfer Request forms will be available through the school office from April through May. Please note that schools have a maximum number of students that can be accepted.

Attendance Boundaries and Maps

Attendance at each school is determined by the street address. To find out which school your child will be attending visit the infoFinder website, type in your home address and the correct school will appear along with bus route information.  For questions please contact the transportation department at call 785-717-4000.

*The above video depicts the location of the Infofinder link on the previous version of the USD 475 website. An updated video will be produced, however, in the meantime Infofinder can be found by visiting the link above.

Parents/Guardians should be aware that there are additional items:
  • Activity fees may be included at the time of enrollment or during the school year. Refer to the student/family handbook for more information.
  • Child Nutrition packets, including applications for free and reduced meals, are mailed out or can be completed online in July. Paper packets should be filled out and returned to your child’s school.
  • USD 475 students who are currently attending, or would like to attend a school, outside of their boundary area will need to obtain a transfer form from the school they would like to attend. This must be done every year and approved by the principal.
  • If parents would like to make additions or corrections to their child’s emergency contact information, they will need to visit their student’s school office. Contact information should be kept up-to-date in Family Access/Skyward.

To find out which school your child will be attending click on the Infofinder link, type in your home address, and the correct school will appear along with bus route information. For questions about enrollment call 785-717-4000.

If you have any questions regarding enrollment, please contact your child’s school.