Military Resources

Fort Riley Resources

A variety of resources for school-aged families and children are available through Fort Riley, including information on moving to Fort Riley, school support services, and school age center activities for before and after school.

School Support Services
(785) 240-3261
6620 Normandy Drive
Fort Riley, Kansas  66442

School Liaison Officer
Sandy Johnson

Stages of Deployment
Click HERE for a flyer with information about the stages of family members going through a deployment.

Financial Clearing

Military families that will be transferring their child out of Geary County Schools USD 475 will need to clear financially with the district. To financially clear with USD 475, you need to do the following:

  • Visit the Geary County Schools USD 475 Central Office Finance Department between 8:00am–4:30pm Monday thru Friday at:
    Mary E. Devin Center
    123 N. Eisenhower Dr.
    Junction City, KS 66441
  • Payments can be made by check, cash or credit card (Checks are to be written to USD 475).
  • You are clearing all fee as of the date of payment. If your child accumulates additional fee’s after you have made a payment, those fees will need to be paid at your child’s building on their last day of school.
  • If, upon leaving, you feel your child has additional funds left on their account, please visit your child’s respective school to receive a refund.

Other helpful financial resources:

Fort Riley Relocation

If you need transcripts, shot records, or any other academic information, you will need to make that request with your child’s respective school. Please allow one week for the school to obtain the requested records.

The Interstate Compact on Educational Opportunity for Military Children

This Quick Reference Guide illustrates the Interstate Compact on Educational Opportunity for Military Children to include: enrollment educational records, enrollment immunizations, Kindergarten and first grade entrance age, Course and education program placement, special education services, placement flexibility, absences related to deployment activities, eligibility for enrollment, eligibility for extracurricular participation, and graduation.


All students are enrolled online, via Skyward.  For information on how to enroll your students, click HERE.

There are four elementary schools on post, as well as Fort Riley Middle School. Geary County Schools completed the construction of the new Junction City High School last year, and will be where incoming high school students will attend..

If you do not have an address for Fort Riley yet, you may enroll your students at Morris Hill Elementary or Fort Riley Middle School using any address in the continental United States.  High school students will enroll at Junction City High School, for addresses on and off post.  Once you have your address for Fort Riley, please call the Devin Center at 785-717-4000 and update your enrollment information so that your student can be assigned to the appropriate school.

Boundaries and Busing

By typing in your address, you can use Infofinder to find out where your child will attend school if you have an address and if busing is available. 

*The above video depicts the location of the Infofinder link on the previous version of the USD 475 website. An updated video will be produced, however, in the meantime Infofinder can be found by visiting the link above.

High School Graduation

Class of 2016: 24 credits
Class of 2017 and beyond: 26 credits

USD 475 Graduation Requirements
4 credits of English
English I, II, III, IV or PreAP/AP equivalents
3 Credits of Social Studies
World History, US History, US Government or PreAP/AP equivalents
4 credits of Mathematics
Algebra I, Geometry, Algebra II, Elective or advanced equivalents
1 credit of Fine Arts
.5 credit of Physical Education /.5 credit of Health
1 credit of Computer Tech
.5 credit of Communications
3 credits of Science
Physical Science, Biology, Elective
8.5 credits of Electives

Sports Eligibility

Junction City High School offers the following boys and girls sports. If you are transferring to USD 475 and wish to participate in activities or athletics, visit the Athletic Director’s office and fill out transfer papers to become eligible. Trying out for a team midseason is possible if the student meets all eligibility requirements and the season is not nearing completion. Contact the Athletic Director’s office at 785-717-4214 for details.

Fall Sports

Boys and Girls Cross Country
Boys Soccer
Girls Tennis

Winter Sports

Boys & Girls Basketball
Boys & Girls Bowling
Boys Swimming

Spring Sports

Girls Soccer
Girls Swimming
Boys Tennis
Boys & Girls Track

Military & Family Life Consultant (MFLC)

Military Family Life Consultants are Phd. Level consultants specializing in child and youth behavioral issues. They offer a broad range of support to military children and youth, and to the family members as well as other adults who support them. After-hours and weekend appointments are available.

Seitz Elementary                           (785) 717 – 6500

Morris Hill Elementary                 (785) 717-4650                                            

Military and Family Life Program
Child and Youth Behavioral Military and Family Life Counselor Parent Consent Letter 
Military Community & Family Policy
Child and Youth Behavioral Military and Family Life Counselor Program

MFLC services are:

  • Available at no cost to assist children and youth, parents, family members, and staff
  • Available to provide short-term, non-medical problem-solving support
  • Dedicated to augmenting existing military support services
  • Services are private with the exception of duty-to-warn situations

MFLC’s can help address issues such as:

  • School Adjustment
  • Deployment and separation
  • Reunion adjustment
  • Sibling and parent-child communication
  • Behavioral concerns
  • Fear, grief, and loss
  • Daily life issues

Web Resources

KSDE Building Report Cards
Kansas Department of Education

Veteran Substance Abuse Resources

Other Military Resources

Deployment Information and Resources

How Deployment Stress Affects Families –

Effects of Deployment on Children & Families –

Military Deployment Support –

Military Families: Child Care Support During Deployments –

Operation We Are Here –

Resources to Prepare Your Family for Deployment-Military One Source –

Child Welfare Information Gateway –

American Red Cross –

Military Child Education Coalition-Results of a survey about the education challenges of military connected students –

Additional Resources offers all Department of Defense (DoD) service members, civilian personnel, and all dependent family members (kindergarten-college/adult) are eligible to use at no cost –