Enrollment for the current (2021-22) school year will remain open until May 16th.
Enrollment for next school year, 2022-23, will open May 1st for both new and returning students.
We are so glad to have you as part of the Geary County Schools USD 475 family!
When to Enroll as a New Student:
- If your student has never attended a school in the USD 475 School District, you will enroll as a new student.
- If your student has previously attended any school in the USD 475 school district, and has withdrawn and attended a school outside our district, but is planning to return for the coming school year, you will enroll as a new student. Please note, if during the sign-up process, you use the same email address associated with your previous Family Access account, you will be prompted to reactivate that account. Please check the “I don’t have an email” box, and create a log-in, receive your password, and continue with the enrollment process.
- If your student is currently enrolled and attending a school within our district but will attend a different school within our district for the coming school year, you will use enroll as a new student. (Please see step #2 of Returning Student Registration for 5th and 8th Graders) As you go through the online process please read the instructions carefully before moving to the next section.
Before you begin please gather the following new student requirements:
- Kansas Certificate of Immunization Card
- Any student entering Geary County Schools for the first time must present certification from a licensed physician that s/he has received all immunizations as required by the Kansas Department of Health and Environment. By Kansas state law, no student shall be permitted to attend school until s/he has received the required and most recent appropriate immunizations in all required series.
- Required Immunizations
- Child Health Assessment (Physical examination for children eight years old and younger)
- Parents or guardians must present the results of a Child Health Assessment at enrollment. This assessment must be completed within 12 months of school entry or within 90 days after school entry. This also applies to preschool children entering school for the first time. The Kansas Health Assessment form can be downloaded in pdf format or obtained at your child’s school.
- Proof of Identity (Birth Certificate)
- Grade Cards, Certified Transcripts (This will help counselors place your student(s) in appropriate classes).
- KSHAA Physical Examination (7th through 12th-grade students)
An annual physical examination is required by the Kansas State High School Activities Association for student participation in interscholastic activities. This exam must be completed prior to the first day of practice and not before May 1 of the previous school year. This form can be found above or can be obtained at the main offices of Junction City Middle School, Fort Riley Middle School, or Junction City High School.
Directions to enroll a new student:
- Click here.
- Enter Parent Information to be given a temporary log-in that will be sent to your e-mail
- Retrieve your log-in from your personal e-mail
- Go back to log in and begin
- Complete as directed
- You will need to open each section whether it pertains to your student or not and click “save”
- Click to Submit Enrollment when complete
- Please note that for the 2021-2022 school year, USD 475 will not be offering a remote learning option. Please see your child’s school if your student has special needs or circumstances.
- If you have another new student to enroll do not exit, instead click on “Enroll Another Student.”
Parents/Guardians should be aware that there are additional items:
- Activity fees may be included at the time of enrollment or during the school year. Refer to the family handbook for more information.
- Child Nutrition packets, including applications for free and reduced meals, will be mailed to each family before the start of school. Packets should be filled out and returned to your child’s school.
- USD 475 students who are currently attending, or would like to attend a school, outside of their boundary area will need to obtain a transfer form from the school they would like to attend. (This must be done every year and approved by the principal)
- If parents would like to make additions or corrections to their child’s emergency contact information, they will need to visit their student’s school office. Contact information should be kept up-to-date in Family Access/Skyward.
To find out which school your student will be attending, please see the information on the Boundaries page, found under the Parent Resources, here: http://www.usd475.org/boundaries/. For questions with enrollment call 785-717-4000.
All students entering Kindergarten must be five (5) years old on or before August 31st. First-grade students must be six (6) years old on or before August 31st or have attended an accredited Kindergarten, according to Kansas Statute K.S.A. 72-1107 which defines the entrance requirements for the state.
If you want to transfer your student from your assigned school to another school in the district, please contact the school that you’d wish to attend. That school will then give you the information to enroll. Please note that schools have a maximum number of students that can be accepted. Full information on transfer requests can be found here.
Attendance Boundaries and Maps
Attendance at each school is determined by the street address. To find out which school your child will be attending by viewing the map above, or by visiting the Boundaries page.
Bus Route Information
Please visit the infoFinder website, type in your home address and the correct school will appear along with bus route information. For questions please contact the transportation department at call 785-717-4000.
The above video depicts the location of the Infofinder link on the previous version of the USD 475 website. An updated video will be produced, however, in the meantime Infofinder can be found by visiting the link above.
Once your enrollment has been verified by the school you will need to come in and show an ID to get your Parent Username and Password to the student information system SKYWARD, which parents can use to view district or school announcements, teacher information, view calendars, or to place money on a child’s SKYWARD account for meals or to pay a fine.
If you have any questions regarding enrollment, please contact your child’s school.