Extended Closure Questions and Answers

Q: When will online learning begin for students?
A: The first date of instruction has been moved from April 1st to April 6th.  This will allow us a few more days to get the hot spots in and distributed to families in need.  Teachers will be in touch with their students during this time to encourage them to use the resources that have been shared, as well help to make sure that all students are ready to go come April 6th.
Those resources can be found at this link: http://bit.ly/475school in both English and Spanish. 

Q: How can my student participate in online learning if we don’t have internet access at home?
A: The Board of Education approved the purchase of 500 wireless hotspot devices to be issued to students that don’t have reliable internet access at home. Once the devices are received and tested, more information will be provided on how students can be issued one of the devices. Parents may also contact the help desk at 785-717-4357.  Someone is available from 7am to 5:30pm Monday through Friday. 

Q: How do I enroll my student for the current 2019-2020 school year?
A: You can enroll your student here: http://www.usd475.org/parent-resources/enrollment/

Also, Rachel Moore can be contacted at RachelMoore@usd475.org or 785-717-4074 if you need assistance in enrolling.  She will be able to answer your questions.

Q: How do I stop automatic payments into my student’s cafeteria account?
A: Parents that signed up on Skyward for meal balance auto replenish payments may disable the process at any time. Rev Trak will be disabling the accounts as of April 1, 2020. If you wish to disable your auto replenish process prior to April 1, 2020 please follow the steps listed here: http://www.usd475.org/2020/03/24/8696/

Q: Can students still receive meals from schools?
A: Yes! Meals are served at designated locations Monday through Friday each week. Information for meal service is below:

Effective March 23rd, the District is approved by the State to expand its Grab-n-Go meal operations to Milford Elementary, Grandview Elementary and Sheridan Elementary. The program currently serving out of Junction City Middle School is being re-located to serve out of the 9th Street Karns building.  

Effective March 23rd – 27th the following sites are available for meal distribution (note: after March 27th, only the 8 school locations will have meal pickup available):

Each child will receive a lunch meal for that day plus a sack breakfast for the following morning. 

Children must be present to receive a meal but are not required to attend the school where meals are being distributed. Exceptions:

  • The guardian provides documentation citing that the child has special needs and cannot come to the food distribution site.
  • The child has been quarantined at home and cannot come to the site.

Q: How do I retrieve my student’s belongings and supplies from school?
A: Access to school buildings are currently closed. The public is not permitted to access these buildings until further notice.

Q: Can students participate in online learning if they go to stay with relatives in another state, but they are already enrolled in our district? 
Y: Yes, please and thank you.  The continued education of our students during this time is our #1 priority.   

Q: How can parents acquire their student’s photos that were paid for and taken before the spring break?  
A: If they have been sent to the schools, they will be passed out.  If not at school yet, we will work on a plan to get those out.   

Q: Can parents receive a refund for prepayments for meals? 
A: Yes. The process for filing a refund request is on our website at http://www.usd475.org/2020/03/19/refunds-for-prepaid-services/.

Q: Can I get a refund if I prepaid for Boys and Girls Club? 
A: All families will receive credits lost for punch cards and after school programs.  Please see the refund procedure at http://www.usd475.org/2020/03/19/refunds-for-prepaid-services/.

Q: What will happen with IEP meetings that were scheduled that have been missed? 
A: IEP case managers will contact each child’s family to determine the next course of action regarding the missed IEP and services.   

Q: What do I do to clear my student for Permanent Change of Service (PCS)?
A: The Devin Center will assist Military personnel.   Please call 785-717-4012 to speak to someone about clearing.

Q: Will Summer School still take place?

Q: How do I perform a Student Records Requests? 
A: Please contact your child’s school.  The Devin Center is willing to assist also.   

Q: How can my student take the state assessments? 
A: These have been canceled for the year.   

Q: What is the process for 2020-2021 Online School Year Enrollment?
A: Enrollment for the 2020-21 school year will begin online on May 1, 2020.

Q: Is there access to online library books, novels, etc. to be checked out?

Q: Is there a central location for NEW families/students to pick up devices since enrolling this 2019-2020 school year?   
A: Starting March 30, the centralized pick up point will the PLC located in the Larry Dixon Building at 920 W 6th St, Junction City, KS 66441. 

Q: Some parents paid for uniforms for sports (specifically track).  Can they get the uniforms or a refund? 
A: We do not charge for uniforms.   

Q: How can parents get grades/report cards?
A: The 3rd quarter grade cards are being mailed home.