Members of the public are encouraged to participate in Board of Education meetings and can do so through the public comment section. In order to provide public comment, a form must be completed and submitted ahead of the meeting start time.
Guidelines for Public Comment
- Each individual should complete the “Public Comment Form” provided below or at the meeting location.
- The completed form should be given to the Clerk of the Board at least five (5) minutes prior to the start of the meeting.
- Citizens addressing the Board should come to the front podium when called upon and state their name and address.
- Time for public comment is announced on the agenda and at meetings.
- Comments shall not exceed three (3) minutes and shall be limited to issues and not refer to individuals.
- Comments must be relevant to the issue and promote the civility and dignity of the meeting.
- Large groups of patrons who come to address a comment topic are asked to appoint a group spokesperson to present the group’s concern.
Requests for public information from Geary County Schools USD 475 is available under the provisions of the Kansas Open Records Act. Requests for public information can be made during regular business hours at the Mary E. Devin Center for Education Support, 123. N Eisenhower Drive, Junction City, Kansas 66441. Requests should be directed to the Public Information Officer (Executive Director of Marketing and Media Relations).