Welcome to Geary County Schools USD 475’s weekly newsletter, Keeping Up with 475. We have so many amazing stories happening every day within our district, and this is where we will share and celebrate the accomplishments of our students and staff.
Fort Riley Interns
For the very first time, our Junction City High School students are having the opportunity to intern at Irwin Army Community Hospital and Fort Riley Public Affairs Office, receiving firsthand experience working at an Army community hospital and military public affairs office!
Congratulations to last week’s #ThrivingThursday recipients, Junction City High School students Kaylee, Jay, Emily, Jordyn, Enaleen, Andrew, Ryan, Shane, and Madeline! These seniors participated in a community service project last semester at JCHS, picking up trash around the exterior of the building. Way to #ThriveIn475!
Thank you to the Geary Community Healthcare Foundation and Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity for donating winter coats, hats, and gloves for our Sheridan Elementary School and Early Childhood Center prekindergarten students! We appreciate your efforts in serving our students.
- February 1 – Spring Shining Star Award nominations due
- February 7 – Board of Education meeting at 6:00 p.m. at the Mary E. Devin Center for Education Support and live-streamed on YouTube
- February 17 – Tentative Board of Education meeting at 5:30 p.m. at the Mary E. Devin Center for Education Support and live-streamed on YouTube
- March 7 – Board of Education meeting at 6:00 p.m. at the Mary E. Devin Center for Education Support and live-streamed on YouTube
- March 8 – Community Partnership Meeting at 5:30 p.m. at the Junction City Middle School
- March 14-18 – Spring Break, No School and District Offices Closed
- April 2 – Parent University at H.D. Karns from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
A reminder that masks are required for all students, staff, and visitors, regardless of vaccination status, inside all district facilities and district vehicles, including school buses.
This excludes during physical activity and when outside.
Learn more about our COVID-19 Mitigation Plan here.
Child Find Screenings
Child Find Screenings occur twice a month during the school year and are scheduled through the Early Childhood Center office at 785-717-6950. For more information regarding the application process, please visit the Early Childhood page.
2022 Dates By Appointment:
- February 8
- February 22
- March 8
- March 29
- April 12
- April 26
- May 10