Welcome to Geary County Schools USD 475’s weekly newsletter, Keeping Up with 475. We have so many amazing stories happening every day within our district, and this is where we will share and celebrate the accomplishments of our students and staff.
Kansas Master Teacher
Congratulations to our 2022 nominees for Emporia State University’s Kansas Master Teacher Award: Fort Riley Middle School math and algebra Teacher Ms. Marshall and Seitz Elementary School Academic Specialist Mr. Scruggs!
Fort Riley and Geary County Schools Wins Award
We are so proud of the partnership we have with Fort Riley, and because of it, the Department of the Army awarded Fort Riley the 2021 Army Partnership Award!
Congratulations to last week’s #ThrivingThursday recipient, Washington Elementary School student Jaxon! Jaxon has come such a long way since the first day of school. He has worked hard in school and even when things are challenging, he still perseveres daily. He has a positive attitude and participates every day. Way to #ThriveIn475, Jaxon!
- December 6 – Board of Education meeting at 6:30 p.m. at the Mary E. Devin Center for Education Support
- December 14 – Community Partnership Meeting at 5:30 p.m. at the Junction City Middle School
- December 16 – Virtual Board of Education meeting at 7:30 a.m., live-streamed on YouTube
- December 17 – Teacher Plan Day, No School for Early Childhood, Elementary Schools and Middle Schools
- December 20-January 2 – Winter Break, District Office Closed
- January 3 – Professional Development Day, No School
- January 4 – Teacher Plan Day, No School for Early Childhood, Elementary Schools and Middle Schools
A reminder that masks are required for all students, staff, and visitors, regardless of vaccination status, inside all district facilities and district vehicles, including school buses.
This excludes during physical activity and when outside.
Learn more about our COVID-19 Mitigation Plan here.
Child Find Screenings
Child Find Screenings occur twice a month during the school year and are scheduled through the Early Childhood Center office at 785-717-6950. For more information regarding the application process, please visit the Early Childhood Center page.
2021 Dates By Appointment
- December 7
2022 Dates By Appointment
- January 11
- January 25
- February 8
- February 22
- March 8
- March 29
- April 12
- April 26
- May 10