Welcome to Geary County Schools USD 475’s weekly newsletter. We have so many awesome stories happening every day within our district and here is where we will share and celebrate the accomplishments of our students and staff.
Junction City High School students and staff dedicated their first day of Thanksgiving break to Turkey Tutoring! This day offered students additional academic support, where they could catch up on work, makeup tests, or take advantage of tutoring opportunities.
JCHS Welding Receives Certificate
The Junction City Area Chamber of Commerce presented Junction City High School’s welding class with a Certificate of Appreciation for their work in making the brackets to hold the banners for the Veterans Day tribute downtown!
Mayor’s Students of the Month
Congratulations to all of our students recognized by Junction City Mayor Jeff Underhill as the Most Improved Students of the Month!
- November 30 – Dr. Eggleston on KSNT News at approximately 6:15 a.m.
- December 1 – Social Media 101 Parent Zoom Talk from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m.
- December 3 – Dr. Eggleston on KMAN at 9:30 a.m.
- December 6 – Board of Education meeting at 6:30 p.m. at the Mary E. Devin Center for Education Support
- December 14 – Community Partnership Meeting at 5:30 p.m. at the Junction City Middle School
- December 16 – Virtual Board of Education meeting at 7:30 a.m., live-streamed on YouTube
- December 17 – Elementary Plan Day, No School for Early Childhood and Elementary Schools
- December 20-January 3 – Winter Break
- December 20 – January 2 – District Office Closed
- January 4 – Elementary Plan Day, No School for Early Childhood and Elementary Schools
A reminder that marks are required for all students, staff, and visitors, regardless of vaccination status, inside all district facilities and district vehicles, including school buses.
This excludes during physical activity and when outside.
Learn more about our COVID-19 Mitigation Plan here.
Child Find Screenings
Child Find Screenings occur twice a month during the school year and are scheduled through the Early Childhood Center office at 785-717-6950. For more information regarding the application process, please visit the Early Childhood page.
2021 Dates by Appointment:
- December 7, 2021