Welcome to Geary County Schools USD 475’s weekly newsletter. We have so many awesome stories happening every day within our school district, and here is where we will share and celebrate the accomplishments of our students and staff.
Congratulations to last week’s #ThrivingThursday recipient, Ms. Sherbert with Junction City Middle School! Ms. Sherbert is the epitome of a school nurse. She has managed new protocols and procedures in her office with ease and grace. Way to #ThriveIn475, Ms. Sherbert!
Shining Star Awards
Congratulations to our Fall 2021 Shining Star Award Recipients:
- Ms. Caron, special education teacher at Morris Hill Elementary School
- Mr. McCallister, third-grade teacher at Westwood Elementary School
- Ms. Thompson, speech-language pathologist at Ware Elementary School
- Mr. Wild, chief operations officer for Geary County Schools
- Ms. Williams, eighth-grade math teacher at Junction City Middle School
Congratulations to November 11th’s #ThrivingThursday recipient, Eisenhower Elementary School student Aubrey! Aubrey has displayed such a joyful spirit this school year. Aubrey has worked hard to attend school every day unless she is not feeling well. The Eisenhower family loves seeing Aubrey each and every day! Way to #ThriveIn475, Aubrey!
- November 22-26 – Thanksgiving Break, No School
- November 24-26 – Thanksgiving, District Office Closed
- December 1 – Social Media 101 Parent Zoom Talk from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m.
- December 6 – Board of Education meeting at 6:30 p.m. at the Mary E. Devin Center for Education Support
- December 14 – Community Partnership Meeting at 5:30 p.m. at the Junction City Middle School
- December 16 – Virtual Board of Education meeting at 7:30 a.m., live-streamed on YouTube
- December 17 – Teacher Workday, No School for Early Childhood and Elementary Schools
- December 20-January 3 – Winter Break for both Middle Schools and Junction City High School
- December 20-January 4 – Winter Break for all other schools
Child Find Screenings
Child Find Screenings occur twice a month during the school year and are scheduled through the Early Childhood Center office at 785-717-6950. For more information regarding the application process, please visit the Early Childhood page.
2021 dates by appointment:
- December 7, 2021