Welcome to Geary County Schools USD 475’s Weekly Newsletter. We have so many awesome stories happening every day within our district and here is where we will share and celebrate the accomplishments of our students and staff.
Smiles and Kuts
Thank you to Megan Williams, founder of Smiles and Kuts Foundation, for offering free haircuts to our Westwood Elementary School students! Ms. Williams attended Westwood Elementary School and graduated from Junction City High School!
Congratulations to last week’s #ThrivingThursday recipient, Ms. Roe! Ms. Roe stepped into the role of counselor at the H.D. Karns building and has gone above and beyond in her role. She has worked countless hours on schedules for our students. She also visited with every high school student we have there to build connections and ensure their learning experience is tailored to their needs. Her expertise and experience are valued!
Thank you to each and every one of our employees for their tireless effort and fight as they continue to persevere through what may be one of the most significant challenges our district has faced. We absolutely could not have risen above these challenges COVID-19 has brought without each and every one of you. As a thank you, we have provided a stipend to each of our employees.
- October 29 – Fall Festivals at Elementary schools
- October 30 – Parent University from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. at H.D. Karns, 300 W. Ninth St.
- November 1 – Board of Education meeting at 6:30 p.m. at the Mary E. Devin Center for Education Support
- November 11 – Veterans Day, No School/District Office Closed
- November 15-19 – American Education Week
- November 17 – Educational Support Professionals Day
- November 18 – Tentative Board of Education meeting at 5:30 p.m. at the Mary E. Devin Center for Education Support
Child Find Screenings
Child Find Screenings occur twice a month during the school year and are scheduled through the Early Childhood Center office at 785-717-6950. For more information regarding the application process, please visit the Early Childhood page.
Fall dates by appointment:
- October 26, 2021
- November 9, 2021
- December 7, 2021