Welcome to Geary County Schools USD 475’s Weekly Newsletter. We have so many awesome stories happening every day within our district and here is where we will share and celebrate the accomplishments of our students and staff.
A Very Special Wildcat Visit
The students at Westwood Elementary School had some very special visitors, K-State football players! Thank you to these Wildcats for coming out to read and chat with our students!
We’re Lovin’ It!
We at Geary County Schools want to give a huge thank you to McDonald’s for offering free breakfast to educators this past week! We’re (ba da ba ba ba) loving it!
Congratulations to last week’s #ThrivingThursday recipient, Junction City Middle School student Ashley! She is a straight-A student and a phenomenal leader. She has volunteered as a manager for sports, a translator for ELL students when there is not a translator available, and as a guide for new students to show them around the building. Ashley always gives her very best inside and outside of the classroom. Way to #ThriveIn475, Ashley!
- October 29 – Fall Festivals at Elementary schools
- October 30 – Parent University from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. at H.D. Karns, 300 W. Ninth St.
- November 1 – Board of Education meeting at 6:30 p.m. at the Mary E. Devin Center for Education Support
- November 11 – Veterans Day, No School/District Office Closed
- November 15-19 – American Education Week
- November 17 – Educational Support Professionals Day
- November 18 – Tentative Board of Education meeting at 5:30 p.m. at the Mary E. Devin Center for Education Support
Child Find Screenings
Child Find Screenings occur twice a month during the school year and are scheduled through the Early Childhood Center office at 785-717-6950. For more information regarding the application process, please visit the Early Childhood page.
Fall dates by appointment:
- October 26, 2021
- November 9, 2021
- December 7, 2021