Welcome to Geary County Schools USD 475’s weekly newsletter. We have so many awesome stories happening every day within our district and here is where we will share and celebrate the accomplishments of our students and staff.
Junction City High School celebrated Homecoming by visiting their former elementary schools, a pep rally, Spirit Week, and of course, crowning the Homecoming King and Queen!
Each month – we’re recognizing the people behind the scenes who work hard to keep our families in the know through our social media and websites. This month, we’re showing our appreciation for Ms. Heather Cox with Seitz Elementary School for her great work! Also, thank you to Screen Machine Sports for your support!
Seitz Color Run
What fun! Seitz Elementary School students and their families showed their true colors with a Color Run!
- October 11 – Parent/Teacher Conferences for Junction City High School from 4:00 to 9:00 p.m.
- October 15 – Parent/Teacher Conference Day for Early Childhood, Elementary, and Middle Schools
- October 30 – Parent University from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. at H.D. Karns, 300 W. Ninth
- November 1 – Board of Education meeting at 6:30 p.m. at the Mary E. Devin Center for Education Support
- November 11 – Veterans Day, No School/District Office Closed
- November 18 – Tentative Board of Education meeting at 5:30 p.m. at the Mary E. Devin Center for Education Support
- November 22-26 – No School
Child Find Screenings
Child Find Screenings occur twice a month during the school year and are scheduled through the Early Childhood Center office at 785-717-6950. For more information regarding the application process, please visit the Early Childhood page.
Fall dates by appointment:
- October 12, 2021
- October 26, 2021
- November 9, 2021
- December 7, 2021