Welcome to Geary County Schools USD 475’s weekly newsletter. We have so many awesome stories happening every day within our district, and here is where we will share and celebrate the accomplishments of our students and staff.
Junction City Middle School student Braden and Washington Elementary School student Jayden helped save two children’s lives after they found them drowning. Last week, their schools recognized them for this heroic action. Thank you for your bravery, Braden and Jayden!
United Way Donations
Thank you to United Way of Junction City – Geary County for your donation of 19,000 masks, water bottles, and hand sanitizer! We appreciate your support in keeping our students and staff safe.
Congratulations to last week’s #ThrivingThursday recipient, Ms. Spaulding! Ms. Spaulding is a new department head for language arts at the Junction City High School this year. She has done a great job of creating a welcoming team spirit within the department. She also does a great job sending them the needed information. Way to #ThriveIn475, Ms. Spaulding!
- October 1 – Deadline for nominating a Shining Star Award recipient
- October 4 – Board of Education meeting at 6:30 p.m. at the Mary E. Devin Center for Education Support
- October 7 – Junction City High School Military Appreciation Night football game at 7:00 p.m. at the Junction City High School Stadium
- October 8 – End of First Quarter
- October 9 -Junction City High School Ribbon Cutting at 10:00 a.m. at the Junction City High School
- October 15 – Parent/Teacher Conference Day for Early Childhood, Elementary, and Middle Schools
Child Find Screenings
Child Find Screenings occur twice a month during the school year and are scheduled through the Early Childhood Center office at (785) 717-6950. For more information regarding the application process, please click here.
Fall Dates by Appointment:
- September 28, 2021
- October 12, 2021
- October 26, 2021
- November 9, 2021
- December 7, 2021