Welcome to Geary County Schools USD 475’s weekly newsletter. We have so many awesome stories happening every day within our district, and here is where we will share and celebrate the accomplishments of our students and staff.
Congratulations to last week’s #ThrivingThursday recipient, Freddy! Freddy has entered 9th grade with a smile on his face and a bounce in his step. He has shown forth respect to teachers and peers alike within the classroom and is always positively engaged. Way to #ThriveIn475, Freddy!
JCHS Military Appreciation Football Game
The Junction City High School’s October 7th home football game will be Military Appreciation Night! That night, all active-duty members of the military can attend the game for free.
Several schools in our district hosted Freedom Walks on September 10, which commemorates those who served our country and the lives lost during 9/11. Thank you to all of the soldiers, firefighters, police officers, and the sheriff’s department for walking with us!
- September 23 – Junction City Area Chamber of Commerce Candidate Forum at 6:00 p.m. at the Junction City High School Auditorium
- September 24 – First Junction City High School home football game at 7:00 p.m. at the Junction City High School stadium
- October 4 – Board of Education meeting at 6:30 p.m. at the Mary E. Devin Center for Education Support
- October 7 – Military Appreciation Night during the Junction City High School football game at 7:00 p.m. at the Junction City High School stadium
- October 8 – End of First Quarter
- October 8 – Early Childhood and Elementary Plan Day, no school for all elementary and early childhood students
- October 9 – Junction City High School Ribbon Cutting at 10:00 a.m. at the Junction City High School
- October 15 – Parent/Teacher Conference Day for early childhood, elementary, and middle schools
Child Find Screenings
Child Find Screenings occur twice a month during the school year and are scheduled through the Early Childhood Center office at (785) 717-6950. For more information regarding the application process, please click here.
Fall Dates by Appointment:
- September 28, 2021
- October 12, 2021
- October 26, 2021
- November 9, 2021
- December 7, 2021