Welcome to Geary County Schools USD 475’s weekly newsletter. We have so many awesome stories happening every day within our district and here is where we will share and celebrate the accomplishments of our students and staff.
Congratulations to our very first #ThrivingThursday recipient, Christopher! He is new to Ware Elementary School, but you would never know. Christopher comes to school ready to learn every day and is so kind to his classmates and teachers. Christopher does his personal best all day long. His teacher says she is so thankful to be his teacher! Way to #ThriveIn475, Christopher!
Sheridan Crushes Attendance
Way to go our Sheridan Elementary School Stallions! The whole school earned its first award for having ten days of under ten tardies!
Partnership with Ft. Riley for New Elementary School
“Working together on projects like this demonstrates a unit of effort toward supporting our families and students,” said Superintendent Dr. Reginald Eggleston regarding the partnership between Fort Riley and Geary County Schools for the property demolitions to build a new elementary school on Fort Riley.
- September 7 – Professional Development Day, no school for all students
- September 7 – Board of Education meeting at 6:30 p.m. at the Mary E. Devin Center for Education Support
- September 16 – Board of Education meeting at 5:30 p.m. at the Mary E. Devin Center for Education Support
- September 23 – Junction City Area Chamber of Commerce Candidate Forum at 6:00 p.m. at the Junction City High School Auditorium
- October 4 – Board of Education meeting at 6:30 p.m. at the Mary E. Devin Center for Education Support
- October 8 – End of First Quarter
- October 8 – Early Childhood and Elementary Professional Development Day, no school for all elementary and early childhood students
Child Find Screenings
Child Find Screenings occur twice a month during the school year and are scheduled through the Early Childhood Center office at (785) 717-6950. For more information regarding the application process, please click here.
Fall Dates by Appointment:
- September 14, 2021
- September 28, 2021
- October 12, 2021
- October 26, 2021
- November 9, 2021
- December 7, 2021