Welcome to Geary County Schools USD 475’s weekly newsletter. We have so many awesome stories happening every day within our district and here is where we will share and celebrate the accomplishments of our students and staff.
Blue Jays have entered the building!
Last week, our Junction City High School Blue Jays had their first week of classes in the brand new, 437,000-square-foot facility!
Board of Education Meetings
Following each of our Board of Education meetings, make sure you are in the know about what was discussed by heading to our website to read a summary or our YouTube to watch the meeting.
Our Infant-Toddler Services staff have one primary goal in mind: to empower parents of children ages birth to three with developmental concerns. By working directly with the families they serve, the Infant-Toddler team helps parents become early interventionists for their own children, helping them be successful in overcoming the struggles their children face.
- September 3 – Early Childhood/Elementary Plan Day, no school for early childhood and elementary students except Sheridan Elementary School
- September 6 – Labor Day, no school for all students
- September 7 – Professional Development Day, no school for all students
- September 7 – Board of Education meeting at 6:30 p.m. at the Mary E. Devin Center for Education Support
- September 16 – Board of Education meeting at 5:30 p.m. at the Mary E. Devin Center for Education Support
- October 4 – Board of Education meeting at 6:30 p.m. at the Mary E. Devin Center for Education Support
- October 8 – End of First Quarter
Child Find Screenings
Child Find Screenings occur twice a month during the school year and are scheduled through the Early Childhood Center office at (785) 717-6950. For more information regarding the application process, please click here.
Fall Dates by Appointment:
- September 14, 2021
- September 28, 2021
- October 12, 2021
- October 26, 2021
- November 9, 2021
- December 7, 2021