Welcome to Geary County Schools USD 475’s Weekly Newsletter. We have so many awesome stories happening every day within our district and here is where we will share and celebrate the accomplishments of our students and staff.
Little Jay’s First Day of School
Last Monday was the first day of school for our Little Jays! We can’t wait to see all of the accomplishments made by our preschool and kindergarten students this year!
Keeping our Schools Clean and Safe
As our students return to the classroom for the new school year, our cleaning service provider, AMB Industries, is taking extra steps to ensure they are providing the safest learning environment for our staff and students!
Free Rides for JCMS and JCHS Students
Junction City Middle School and Junction City High School students can ride the ATA Bus free all year long, just by showing their student ID!
- August 23 – Junction City High School orientation from 4:00 to 7:00 p.m.
- August 24 – Seitz Elementary School orientation from 4:00 to 6:00 p.m.
- August 25 – First day of school for Junction City High School students
- August 26 – Washington Elementary School orientation from 3:30 to 5:30 p.m.
- August 26 – Lincoln Elementary School orientation from 4:30 to 6:30 p.m.
- August 26 – Westwood Elementary School orientation from 4:30 to 6:30 p.m.
- August 26 – Grandview Elementary School orientation from 5:00 to 7:00 p.m.
- August 26 – Board of Education meeting at 5:30 at the Mary E. Devin Center for Education Support
- September 3 – Early Childhood/Elementary Plan Day, no school for early childhood and elementary students except Sheridan Elementary School
- September 6 – Labor Day, no school for all students
- September 7 – Professional Development Day, no school for all students
- September 7 – Board of Education meeting at 6:30 p.m. at the Mary E. Devin Center for Education Support
Child Find Screenings
Child Find Screenings occur twice a month during the school year and are scheduled through the Early Childhood Center office at (785) 717-6950. For more information regarding the application process, please click here.
Fall Dates by Appointment:
- August 24, 2021
- September 14, 2021
- September 28, 2021
- October 12, 2021
- October 26, 2021
- November 9, 2021
- December 7, 2021