Welcome to Geary County Schools USD 475’s Weekly Newsletter. We have so many awesome stories happening every day within our district and here is where we will share and celebrate the accomplishments of our students and staff.
We held our Back-to-School Carnival earlier this month, and what a success it was! Thank you to the district staff, organizations, donors, and the community for making it possible!
First Day of School and Orientations
Last week kicked off the first day of school and our orientations! We have been loving being able to see all of our students and families.
Conserving Energy and Saving Money
By partnering with Cenergistic, we have been able to save $4,061,471 in energy usage since 2015! Energy Management Specialist David Wert, who works diligently to monitor our energy usage, presented a plaque and banner to the district for such an achievement. Thank you to David and Cenergistic for all of their hard work in helping make our schools a better place!
- August 16 – First day of school for all preschool and kindergarten students, except Sheridan Elementary School
- August 19 – Board of Education meeting at 5:30 p.m. at the Mary E. Devin Center for Education Support
- August 19 – Milford Elementary School orientation from 4:00 to 6:00 p.m.
- August 19 – Spring Valley Elementary School orientation from 5:00 to 5:30 p.m. and 5:45 to 6:15 p.m.
- August 23 – Junction City High School orientation from 4:00 to 7:00 p.m.
- August 24 – Seitz Elementary School orientation from 4:00 to 6:00 p.m.
- August 25 – First day of school for Junction City High School students
Child Find Screenings
Child Find Screenings occur twice a month during the school year and are scheduled through the Early Childhood Center office at (785) 717-6950. For more information regarding the application process, please click here.
Fall Dates by Appointment:
- August 24, 2021
- September 14, 2021
- September 28, 2021
- October 12, 2021
- October 26, 2021
- November 9, 2021
- December 7, 2021