Children need healthy meals to learn. Geary County Schools offers healthy meals every school day and believes every child should have access to these meals. Your children may qualify for free meals or for reduced price meals.
- All children in households receiving benefits from Food Assistance (FA), the Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations (FDPIR) or Temporary Assistance for Families (TAF) are eligible for free meals.
- Foster children that are under the legal responsibility of a foster care agency or court are eligible for free meals.
- Children participating in their school’s Head Start program are eligible for free meals.
- Children who meet the definition of homeless, runaway, or migrant are eligible for free meals.
- Families whose household’s income is within the limits on the Federal Income Eligibility Guidelines.
These packets will be sent out via mail the week of July 15, 2019. If you do not receive an application, you can pick one up at your child’s school building or visit http://www.usd475.org/departments/child-nutrition/.
For more information regarding Food Service Packets and the Application process, please contact Karla Moody at 785-717-4062.