Geary County Schools USD 475 is comprised of public schools in Junction City, Fort Riley, Milford, and Grandview Plaza. The district operates 14 elementary schools (K-5); one middle school (6-8) in Junction City, and one middle school (6-8) located on Fort Riley. Junction City High School serves both Junction City and Fort Riley students in grades 9 through 12. All schools are fully accredited by the State of Kansas.
USD 475 schools offer a rich, culturally diverse educational environment with a majority of the district’s students being military-connected. A close partnership between Fort Riley and Geary County Schools optimizes the educational opportunities for military families.
USD 475 is a lighthouse district in the area of staff development, curriculum, and instruction. The district also provides All-day Kindergarten, Before and After-School Programs, an Early Childhood Center, Comprehensive Special Education Programs, and more.
Blue Ribbon Schools
USD 475 currently has six schools who were designated National Blue Ribbon Schools (two of which have won this award twice).
Geary County Schools is home to incredible staff who have been recognized at many levels. These awards include, the KS Scholastic Press Association’s Administrator of the Year, VFW Teacher of the Year, Centennial League Coach of the Year, Assistant Principal of the Year, Kansas Teacher of the Year, Master Teacher, NAMSP School of the Year, Kansas, as well many KJCK Teachers of the Month.
USD 475 has been awarded 27 Governor’s Awards, 61 Challenge Awards, and five Horizon Awards over the span of the previous 16 years.
The Future of Education Starts Here in Geary County
Geary County Schools USD 475 is located in the heart of the scenic Flint Hills. Geary County is home to Junction City, Fort Riley, Milford, and Grandview Plaza, and is located next to I-70.
Deadline to Apply – November 4, 2018
USD 475 is searching for a candidate who is…
- Strong communicator who is willing to listen to input and make a decision when necessary
- Possesses the leadership skills required to respond to the opportunities and challenges presented by an ethnically and culturally diverse community
- Inspires trust, has high levels of self-confidence and optimism, and models high standards of integrity and personal performance
- Demonstrates commitment to community visibility with high interest in a broad range of community groups and organizations
- Is able to delegate authority appropriately while maintaining accountability and has experience recruiting and maintaining exceptional staff for the district and schools
- Has previous experience that will benefit the long-term financial health of district
- Possesses excellent people skills and can present a positive image of the district
- Is strongly committed to a “student first” philosophy in all decisions
- Has classroom experience and possesses the ability to enhance student performance, especially in identifying and closing or narrowing the gaps in student achievement
- Promotes a positive and professional environment for district employees and Board
Deadline and Selection
All submitted materials will remain as confidential as possible. After all applications have been reviewed and preliminary interviews conducted by the consulting firm, the names of the top candidates will be presented to the USD 475 Board for its consideration. Selection of candidates for interviews is the responsibility of the Board. Persons wishing to be considered for the position should submit an application file online at www.rayassoc.com, which should include:
- A letter of application stating personal qualifications, experiences, and reasons for interest in the position
- The online application form and a current résumé
- Three to four current letters of recommendation
The candidate must have Superintendent credentials. More information about Kansas’ Superintendent accreditation process is available at the Department of Education website at https://ksde.org/.
Salary and Benefits
The salary will be in the range of $185,000 – $200,000, plus an excellent and comprehensive benefits package. The salary will be negotiated and determined based upon proven experience, qualifications, and meeting Board criteria.
All interested and qualified candidates should submit their application materials online at www.rayassoc.com
Questions should be directed to:
Ray & Associates, Inc.
4403 First Avenue SE, Suite 407
Cedar Rapids, IA 52402