The USD 475 District Art Show and Auction is sponsored in part by the Geary Community Schools Foundation and gives students an annual opportunity to display their work. Artwork displayed at the event is created by students and instructors alike and will be available through purchase through a silent auction process. The event, which began in 2013, helps to fund the USD 475 Art Scholarship for one Junction City High School graduating senior who plans to pursue a career in Visual Arts or Design.
Ribbons will be awarded to the winning artwork and proceeds from the auction will fund the USD475 Art Scholarship for one Junction City High School graduating senior who plans to pursue a career in Visual Arts or Design.
The USD 475 K-12 District Art Show and Auction will be held on Saturday, April 7, 2018, from 1:00 PM to 4:00 PM at the C.L. Hoover Opera House, 2nd floor, 135 W 7th St, Junction City, KS 66441.
Directions for bidding:
- The auction is a silent auction held from 1-4pm on April 7, 2018.
- Each artwork up for auction has a number and corresponding bid sheet on the table.
- The starting bid for artwork is $20.00.
- During the show, patrons may bid in five dollar increments beginning with the starting bid.
- Winners of the auction will be notified the following week.
- Payments should be made as soon as possible following notification.
For additional questions please ask any attendant at the event for further clarification.
The artwork that was chosen to represent the District Art Show was created and provided by Kennedy Cox.